Wednesday, January 26, 2011

we are australian



Happy Australia Day to all my Aussie friends! And wasn't she a warm one today?
I don't know about you, but we went straight from our PJ's to our cossies and spent most the morning soaking up the sunshine and splashing in the pool. It was blissful.

Last night I came across this inspiring article that I wanted to pass onto you all. I am so glad we have people like this in this country of ours. Don Ritchie, you are my Australian Hero.

"To my fellow Australians, never be afraid to speak to those who you feel are in need.
Always remember the power of the simple smile, a helping hand, a listening ear and a kind word."
~ Don Ritchie

4 comments:

cherri said...

OMG Naomi - What a wonderful and well deserved award. It is terrible that sooooo many people have attempted this. I had no idea about "The Gap" until just now. How horrendous.

People like Don Ritchie are amazing.

Thanks for the link - our Australia Day was gorgeous too.

Take Care
Cherri

dana said...

Happy Australian day to you! I want to jump into those pics and sip yummy drinks with you. Looks like a lovely day!

Meagan said...

Happy Australian Day from your blogging follower from the US. Your photos brought some sunshine to this snow filled day here on my side of the world. :)

Catherine said...

Great photos, great article as well!