Tuesday, January 26, 2010

my country


I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me!

-Dorothea Mackellar


Happy Australia Day!
For those of you that live in this wonderful country, we hope you managed to get out and enjoy the beauty of your surroundings.
We went to the creek for a picnic, paddle and swim, and made the most of our packet of temporary tattoo's.
Later in the afternoon we had a big slice of pavlova at the Grandparents.
Oh how good it is to be an Aussie!


5 comments:

Kate said...

Awesome photos! Looks like a fun day with your beautiful family. I love the shot of Jude's canons ;)
Australians all let us rejoice...

Unknown said...

How lovely, Aussie Day always makes me soo homesick...

Anonymous said...

... In less than 3 weeks we'll be bakc in your beautiful country for a 2 month holdiay (well, school for our girl ), 3 years after we left our amazing life there, can't wait !
Your blog is nice and very pleasant.
AU REVOIR

Stèph, le Poulailler de Steclema

naomi said...

Thanks Ladies!
Isra, maybe you need to make yourself a pavlova or lamingtons to indulge in, might help with the homesickness!
Steph, thanks for your lovely comments. I hope your time in Australia is just as beautiful as you remember it being.

Pasta Recipes said...

Great share