Friday, September 11, 2009

stenciling


Recently I had a go at stenciling on a few singlets as a present for a friends new bub. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos, so here are a few I made up last night for my babes.


They are a bit fuzzy around the edges, but pretty cute all the same.


And what do you think about the boy?
Hasn't he grow and isn't he just so kissable!


She's pretty cute too...absolutely adorable.
Spoken like a true mother.


By the way, this is stenciling using the Freezer paper method.
So simple to do.
If you are unfamiliar with the method, just google it and I'm sure you will come up with something useful. Sorry, I don't have the time to add in links at the moment.
Or ask me a question if you are unsure and I will try and answer it later.

12 comments:

Jo's Place said...

Those are very very cool. Off to look up this stenciling method now :)

Kylie said...

They look great - sorry for being such a bad blogger and missing your little mans arrival - I have not been surfing for ages:) Congratulations and he is certainly cute.

Ansia said...

Your babies and the singlets are just lovely! My boy is insisting that I make him a shirt with a motorbike on it. This might just be how I will be doing it. Thanks!

Kate said...

Love these - turned out brilliantly.

Kelly Casanova said...

Your little manny is looking gorgeous, check out that skin! (Oh, you did a great job with the stencilling too!)

Ramblings said...

hey naomi just wondering where you found the bunny stencil?

naomi said...

Sarah, the bunny was just one I drew up myself. You are welcome to copy it if you like!
Its funny, but Maeve refused to wear that singlet when I first made it, and now (a year later) it is one of her favourites!

Ramblings said...

hey so i am finding it hard to locate freezer paper? is it just called greaseproof paper in australia??

naomi said...

I know it sounds strange, but in Australia you cant get freezer paper in the supermarket. I have brought it at two different Spotlight stores now. They often sell it at the cutting counter. You don't have to buy the whole roll, you can just buy it by the meter which is great! If you cant get it I can probably post you some:)

Ramblings said...

cool thanks i will check it out!

Cirque Du Bebe said...

What is freezer paper? Is that baking paper? I'm in Australia and have been looking at Dana's tutorial and wondering if 'freezer paper' is an american term...

naomi said...

Hi, I brought my freezer paper at spotlight behind the cutting counter (comes in a roll just like baking paper). Its like baking paper, but with a sort of plasticy side to it and the other side paper. I think in America you do buy it in the supermarket (may be wrong though!) and I would imagine you would wrap things in the paper to store in the freezer.
Baking paper would not work for this project!